We provide exceptional career opportunities across many different skill sets. As a forward-thinking and well established organisation, we offer a wealth of prospects for students, skilled workers and experienced equestrians. We have a large superstore located just outside Carrickfergus which employs around 24 full and part time staff.
Our retail staff not only take care of customers and provide knowledgeable advice on all things equestrian, but often have the opportunity to work along-side our Master Saddle Fitter, assisting with saddle fit clients.
Just like us, horses are a big part of your life. You'll work alongside like-minded people and have access to further training on various aspects of tack, equipment and riding wear. As well as the benefits included, you'll find working with us is easy-going yet challenging and rewarding.
As an innovative and growing organisation, there are many opportunities for you to further your career within our company.
Fortunately, when you work for us you'll be working within the industry that you're passionate for. We have various professional opportunities available throughout our business in retail, management, marketing, warehousing, PR, accounts, e-commerce, graphic design and ICT. The equestrian industry is a fast-paced and innovative environment. Work alongside world-renowned brands, join us and strive for success
Fancy being a part of our friendly team? We're currently looking to fill the following positions:
Part-Time Retail Staff - For evenings and weekends. Equestrian experience essential.
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Stock control and management.
- Assist shoppers to find the goods they are looking for.
- Being responsible for operating the till, processing cash & card payments.
- Stocking shelves.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Taking telephone orders.
- Providing product advice.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to manager/supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash register with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean to include hoovering and mopping.
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the look-out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and late nights.
Personal Skills that are required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- Assistants should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales ie. retail, fast moving consumer goods, horse equipment etc.
- Able to work off on initiative.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Must be able to follow through on matters.
- Should be of smart appearance and articulate.
- Must be flexible with regard to hours of work, will include late night (Wednesday) and weekends (Saturday).
Sales Staff - Full & part-time hours available.
Due to continued growth and expansion, a vacancy has arisen for a Sales Administrator at this exciting, fast growing equestrian store.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Taking telephone orders, providing product advice and processing orders.
- Dealing with customer queries relating to orders, stock, deliveries etc. via telephone and email whilst providing a superior level of customer service at all times.
- General office duties and assistance to the Office Manager and team.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Mature, reliable, hard working with a flexible attitude.
- Sales experience.
- A sound level of equestrian knowledge with experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- Ability to multi task, work accurately under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and use own initiative.
- Be able to work in a busy office environment.
Salary dependent upon experience.
Benefits include staff discount on products.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're always interested in hearing from potential employees, so even if you don't fit within a current vacancy please send us your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
We're particularly interested in candidates who would suit roles within sales, warehousing, marketing, ICT, accounts and stock control.